Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Which 10 Commandments?

Christians aren't hanging "THE" 10 Commandments in courthouses.



------------------

Footnote 1:
Regarding the image. I am getting an infinite amount of comments here and private messages saying that my formatting of the numbers is off. This is, for some reason, really bothering people.

Two things:

(1) I got the image from a free clip art website and didn't catch the formatting until people started screaming in the comments.

(2) YouTube user odwin8 said this:

"A lot of people are commenting on the Roman numerals so I thought I'd point out that "IV" and "IX" are fairly recent, and historically "IIII" and "VIIII" were more common.

Interestingly, 9 became "IX" long before 4 changed, apparently because "IV" was shorthand for Jupiter (IVPPITER)."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...